20170115 - Weekly News

Current and past editions

20170115 - Weekly News

Postby dia » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:02 am

Windows 10 - Basic Training
Monday, January 16, 2017 from 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Norm Galloway, Instructor

This will be a Windows 10 Introduction Class. It will cover everything you need to know to start using Windows 10. It assumes you have been successfully using Windows XP, 7, or 8. This is not intended to be a “hands on” training session but rather an introduction to the features of Windows 10 and a chance to ask some questions. You will be given online tutorials that you may use at home to reinforce the material that is shown in the class.

A reservation is required and seating is limited to 60.
CLICK HERE to reserve.

All Things Google Education Group
Tuesday, January 17, 4:00 PM - Led by Jolyn Bowler

Please join Jolyn in the Resource Center for a discussion on Google Services including Gmail, YouTube, Search, Images Search, Translation, Calendar and more. Please send any questions about using Google? If you have any topics for discussion or questions, come on down! Please let Jolyn know you will attend. Send an email to jolyn.bowler@gmail.com

Apple Education Group - Led by Wes Taylor

There will be NO Apple Education session on January 23rd. The next meeting will be on February 13th with the subject of Apple Photos. Please direct questions to Wes at westayhhi@gmail.com.

Welcome To Our New Members

Lauree Barreca
Virginia Bertrand
Richard Ferguson
Dee Harrison
Gail Magenis
Dale Mathis
Mary Mathis
Bill McCaffery
Ken Nelson
Nancy Nelson
Marc Salkin
Steve Tunnicliffe
Sharon Ussery

Where to Go if You Forget Your Hotmail Password
By J.D. Biersdorfer - nytime.com - Tech Tip, January 2, 2017

Q. I forgot the password to my Hotmail Live account and I don’t have the same phone number as I did when I set it up. What should I do to regain my Hotmail account?

A. Microsoft has a recovery page you can use at https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx to regain access to your Hotmail account. Along the way, you may be asked to enter the answers to security questions you previously set up, or to provide details about the account to prove your identity.

On the first screen of the recovery page, choose the scenario that applies to you, which in this case would be “I forgot my password.” Click the Next button.

On the second screen, enter the address of the Hotmail account you are trying to recover, and then follow the instructions for entering the characters displayed on the screen; those are there to thwart software bots hacking around the web. Click the Next button.

The screen that follows offers several ways for you to prove your identity to regain control of the Hotmail account. You can have a security code sent to a backup email address — one you may have provided in your Hotmail settings at one point when setting up two-step verification to protect your account. A text message to a smartphone, or voice call to a mobile or landline phone listed in your account settings are other options, as is getting a security code from an authentication app like Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator for Android, iOS or Windows Phone.

If none of the listed ways will work to verify your identity, select the button next to “I don’t have any of these” and click the Next button. The following screen invites you to enter an alternative email address (or create a new Outlook.com account) for Microsoft to send a security code — and eventually unlock your account with a new password.
CLICK HERE for article.

Best Photos of 2016
National Geographic
CLICK HERE

CLUB RESOURCES

ALL THINGS APPLE HELP AT THE COMPUTER CLUB

Every Monday morning and Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, a Mac member is at the Resource Center to answer your questions and help you through any issues.
You can also use the iMac computer, bring your laptop, or just come in to get information.
If you have any questions, contact Judi Shade at shade@hargray.com.

Assistance with Tablets

Resource Center volunteers are available to help members with their tablets:

iPad on Monday mornings (Judi Shade, Frank Sullivan and Ed Cliff); Wednesday mornings (Wes Taylor and Karen Kemp); Wednesday afternoon (Judi Shade, Ken Carlozzi, Xavier Pereira, and Linda Jackson); Thursday afternoons (Bob Gentzler and Melnee Kasper)
Android on Tuesday afternoons (Jolyn Bowler)
Kindle Fire and e-Readers on Monday mornings (Ed Cliff)
Microsoft Surface: Monday afternoons (Norm Galloway);Thursday mornings (Bob Rathke); Friday mornings (Emory Logan)

Please call the Resource Center (842-4475) to verify the volunteer you wish to consult is on duty that day.

Resource Center Substitutes!

Please consider adding your name to our Resource Center Substitute List. The Resource Center is open M-F, in two shifts, 10 AM-1 PM & 1-4 PM, with two volunteers per shift. You would be with a regular volunteer, helping members, and learning along the way. In addition, we will be instituting a training session so that you'll be able to hit the ground running. If you are interested, even if you only have one day of the week when you might be available, please contact Linda Jackson at volunteercoordinator@hhicc.org.[hr][/hr
dia
Past President

Return to HHICC Weekly News