Windows 10 Blue Screen

You can post your questions about the club here

Re: Windows 10 Blue Screen

Postby CamHiggins » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:48 pm

It did not last, so I am still searching.
CamHiggins
Member Has Posted > 10 Times

Postby Jolyn » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:34 am

Your approach with Malwarebytes is very good. I would suggest you run it again. Some of those "bad guys" can be insidious. Other than trying the updates at HP for your hardware, I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point.
Jolyn
Board Member - Product Review

Postby CamHiggins » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:31 pm

This result was short lived. I'll continue to see what I can get from HP Users. HP says they no longer have fixes to help my computer.
CamHiggins

Postby Jolyn » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Ouch. As Bob had mentioned, it may well be a hardware issue. I have come across two members who's systems were too old to handle the upgrade to Windows 10. One was a Dell and one was an HP. However, in both cases, they had originally been running Vista and had been upgraded to Win 7 .... Sometimes the hardware just doesn't cut it....
Wish I could offer more insight '-}
Jolyn

Postby CamHiggins » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:20 pm

One last question. I have been using the free version, and it takes a little over an hour. This doesn't bother me since I usually can find time to start it and come back later. Other than a shorter run time, does the paid version offer any other benefits?
CamHiggins

Postby Jolyn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:35 am

Are you talking about Malwarebytes Free version vs paid version? Yes, it can take an hour. Especially the first time you did it. I actually do use the paid version and it just works in the back ground and updates itself. I like that and trust that it is doing it's job. I've always set a time for maintenance and updates on the first Sunday of each month. Malwarebytes was one of the programs I updated and ran. With all the "bad guys" out there these days, I found that, for me, it is worth the "price of admission".... personal choice tho.

and no, I don't think it is any faster with the paid version, you just don't have to get it started on your own. It's running and updating daily.
Jolyn

Postby CamHiggins » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:43 pm

I posted a question on an HP web site and had just about given up on getting a response, and have started looking for replacement PC for my wife. Attached is a response from HP which I will work on and let you know if it has merit.
Cam
Attachments
Re HP Pavilion g6 note.pdf
(299.11 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
CamHiggins

Postby Jolyn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Cam, thanx for the update. Hope you are able to accomplish the system restore without difficulty. It seems to make sense that it could possibly be an update that is inadvertently causing this issue. Keep me posted.
Jolyn

Postby CamHiggins » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:05 pm

I did some work on solving the PC problem, but am going to need some help. The following is an update I sent to the HP Forum.

This is taking me longer than I had hoped, but you certainly deserve an update pending a final solution or decision. I thank you for your interest and your time.

The problem is centered on a cold start, and is missing on a restart of a safe mode restart. On a safe mode restart (WIN 10) I got to a normal windows log in, it accepted normal log in, then an error message "This app can't open (Get Started can't open using Built In account. Sign in with different account and try again" . I could continue processing is safe mode, but do not know an alternate sign in to use.

The instructions for all procedures were very clear and precise. Unfortunately, I am going to have to get some help doing the System Restore. I will get back to you when we reach any conclusion on your suggestions. Thank you again for your efforts.
CamHiggins

Previous

Return to Member Questions